Bethany, Connecticut
31.1K views
5.0
Service Scheduling
Turnaround Time

First Dan told the Client that spending that kind of money on an a very poorly kept Corvette was not

worth spending that kind of money on a low horse

power Corvette that needs a body off complete

restoration. It's to bad that he missed this part of

the show. I have worked on cars since I was 16 and

It may look easy but it's not. I have run a engineering

company and paying unemployment compensation

which went to 5% do to a part timer who filled in for

a week put in for unemployment .paying 1/2 of SS and

workmens compensation plus any really good mechanic gets at easy $30 to $50 pay roll isn't cheap

plus Dan has to follow the producer rules which is why

American Restoration told them to fry ice. Dans work

Will not do a vehicle unless it leaves with safe breaks,

Engine, and frames. So who ever thinks running a business is easy .please try working on a car that the

client thinks is 80% done when the frame is bent, the

Engine s shot, and there is a ton of Bondo.I have owned a business for over 25 years. Ad it's not easy.

Hopefully folks will figure it out. Dan owns and runs

one of the better shops. But now he has a producer

telling him what to do. Also is a very fair and produces

A better vehicle the when it came out of the factory.

Wise up .

Reason of review: He did what he said he would do I could not be more satisfied.

I liked: Totally honest.

Comments

DecorousBeagle845

For a car guy in the resto business Dan whines too much

Best of the auto build shows on tv

That’s a bunch of *** Fantomworks is One of my favorite tv shows. What’s Dan going to do now?

I hope another network picks him and crew up.

Damon them ! I will now boycott Motor Trend!!!!!

I'm not an owner of a classic car anymore but I loved this show... It had class and they always produced phenomenonal cars....much better than the other shows where they customize cars over the top.

This was the only true restoration show... you guys blew it by cancelling this great show...shame on you, you lost a viewer.

to Kurt Stiefken #1640834

Very disappointed. Fantomworks was one of the best shows on TV

Dan was a joke. If you believed he was good at his job then you have no idea how the business really works.

I for one am glad they canceled the show. Been s long time coming....

to Emmett #1640862

Given the number of "restorations" he's salvaged over the years, and his respect for veterans (yup, I am one), he's far closer to a saint than a sinner!

I have watched every epsiode of Fantomworks and to to think that motor trend would cancel a good show like this and leave of the thrash shows like have is assinine. they should have left it Velocity instead of motor trend.

A car has BRAKES, not breaks. Why all the cussing?

The cancellation of Fantomworks is ridiculous and shows producers are typical elitists...

I Love Dan and the Fantomworks show. It’s a shame that it has come to an end because Dan will not do a less than 100% Correct restoration including updates and updates to meet the standards of 21st Century.

to Anthony Strum #1639026

Learned a lot from fandom works,thank you Dan and crew.army vet

Why would Motor Trend cancel such a terrific reality tv car show??? The main reason why I loved Dan Short, is because he's a perfectionist.

And he has integrity. A rare find with any mechanic. Watching his show has literally taught me a lot. If you must cancel any shows, how about getting rid of Wheeler Dealers, or Chasing Classics.

Those shows are boring. Please do the right thing and bring back Fantomworks.

to HARRISRAYMOND #1639307

If you go to https://www.fantomworks.com/14385/why-drs-quit/. you will see it was Dan's call to not have another season and not because MT cancelled it.

to Anonymous #1644266

It was his choice, based on the conditions. MT should go back and address his reasonable issues.

Maybe he’ll come back. How did he get $1 mil in debt to keep production going???

Fantom Works was the best Car Reality Show on TV. Motor Trend is the Land of the Living Dead.

Stupid Is as Stupid Does. There are show many other shows that are worthless.

to Pooch #1638647

Too bad the show has to go, I will be looking for another network.

Best show MT dingbats

I’ve had a few interactions with Dan as a business owner a few years ago. His staff was great, however, his lack of respect and blatantly disrespectful conduct make me dislike the show.

I was a fan until I had to interact with him at my workplace. As a veteran, we can be passionate, loud, and difficult, but when he treated my employees the way he did, I was truly dissapointed. I live in the area and wanted to visit the shop until I met him.

Ruins the show for me now. The guy is smart and knows his craft, he should try to learn how to contain his anger when he doesn’t get what he wants.

to BA1100N w S T ring #1637954

Just wondering if that was a time period when his Dad was failing in health?